Following immediate pledges to the American Red Cross, fashion continues its rapid response to hurricane Sandy…
- Ralph Lauren donates $2 million to relief efforts.
– United Bamboo will donate 10% from a flash knit sale on November 9 to hurricane relief.
– Chantecaille is donating 20% of sales to the Red Cross and ASPCA through November 18.
– Kiss My Face is donating 50% of online sales to the Red Cross through November 9.
– All proceeds from Mandy Coon’s upcoming sample sale will go to Sandy relief efforts (November 15 & 16, 4-8 pm, 93 Saint Marks Place, 212-228-2299)
– From November 6 to 10, Tribeca Grand and Soho Grand will donate 100% of proceeds from their specialty cocktail Safe & Sound, as well as $1 from all alcohol purchases, to the Salvation Army, Occupy Sandy, Feeding America, and other charities chosen by their DJs.
– This one isn’t fashionable, but still very charitable: Mayor Bloomberg announced that New York is partnering with Airbnb.com to provide temporary housing to those who lost their homes.